$120.00 – $600.00
It is used in the treatment of conditions which cause excessive daytime sleepiness. In the United States, modafinil is FDA-approved for the treatment of the following in adults: narcolepsy, sleep work shift disorder, and obstructive sleep apnea (adjunct to continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP)).
What is Modafinil?
Modafinil is a medication used to treat sleepiness that is due to sleep apnea the narcolepsy condition, or sleep disorders during shifts. Modafinil can also be employed for other purposes that are not covered in this guideline for medication.
Modafinil side effects
- Seek medical attention immediately if you notice symptoms that indicate an allergy, such as asthmatic hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of your lips, face, or tongue.
Modafinil may cause skin reactions that can be serious enough to require treatment at an emergency room. Take modafinil off and seek medical assistance immediately when you experience:
- Itchy rash, blisters, or peeling
- Mouth sores, difficulty swallowing
- Acute fever, breathlessness
- Swelling in your legs
- Dark urine or jaundice (yellowing of the eyes or skin) or
- Modafinil may cause serious side effects. Stop taking modafinil and contact your doctor immediately If you suffer from:
- Depression or suicidal thoughts, anxieties, or behaviors
- Hallucinations, strange thoughts or behaviors or aggression, and being more talkative or active than normal
- Chest pain, difficulty breathing, irregular heartbeats or
- The first indication of a skin rash, regardless of how small it may be. The first sign of any skin rash is
Modafinil’s most frequent side effects could include:
- Headache, dizziness
- Experiencing anxiety or fear
- Back discomfort
- Nausea, diarrhea, upset stomach
- sleep problems (insomnia)
- Stuffy nose
- Modafinil side effects (more detail)
- Similar or related drugs
- Wakix, Xywav, Sunosi, Lumryz, Adderall, methylphenidate, Ritalin
Modafinil may cause skin reactions that can be serious enough to require medical attention in the hospital. Stop taking this medication and seek emergency medical assistance in the event of the appearance of a rash on your skin, peeling or hives mouth sores, problems taking a breath or swallowing a fever and swelling of your legs or feet, the dark color of your urine or the skin turning yellow as well as eyes.
Before you start taking this medicine, make sure to consult your doctor.
Modafinil should not be used if you’ve ever experienced any allergic reactions or a skin eruption while taking modafinil, as well as armodafinil (Nuvigil).
To ensure that modafinil is appropriate for you, consult your doctor if you suffer from:
- Angina (chest);
- Cirrhosis, or any other liver disease;
- Kidney disease;
- Hypertension, coronary disease, or a history of a heart attack
- A history of psychosis or mental illness or
- The history of alcoholism and addiction to drugs.
- It is unclear if this medication will affect a newborn baby.
Modafinil could reduce the effectiveness of certain birth control pills. Contraceptives that contain hormones (birth control pills injections, implants, patches for the skin, as well as vaginal rings) might not be effective enough to avoid pregnancy while you are taking your medication. Discuss with your physician the best methods for birth control you can use when taking modafinil.
It’s not clear if modafinil gets into breast milk, or if it can harm breastfeeding babies. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding a child.
Modafinil is not a drug that has been approved for use by anyone less than 17 years old.
What should I do to take modafinil?
- Follow all the instructions on the prescription label. Don’t take this medication in smaller or larger doses or for longer than prescribed.
- Modafinil can be habit-forming. Do not share modafinil with a person, especially one who has a history of drug dependence or abuse. Place the medication at a location where others aren’t able to access it. The act of selling or giving away modafinil is illegal.
- Modafinil is typically taken every morning to avoid sleepiness during the day at least 1 hour before the beginning of a shift to treat sleep issues.
- Check all information about your patient including medication guides and instructions sheets that you receive. Consult your physician or pharmacist for assistance if you have concerns.
- Modafinil can be taken in combination with or without food.
- Modafinil is typically prescribed for at least 12 weeks.
- If you’re using modafinil for treating sleepiness caused by sleep apnea with obstruction or obstructive sleep apnea, you could be treated using Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine. It is a pump attached to a mask that blasts pressurized air through your nostrils while you rest. The air pump doesn’t breathe for you. However, the gentle force of air keeps your airway open and prevents obstruction.
- Don’t quit using the CPAP machine while you sleep unless you are advised by your doctor to. A combination treatment using CPAP and modafinil might be required to cure your condition.
- Modafinil does not treat sleep apnea with obstruction or address its root causes. Follow the advice of your doctor regarding all other treatments for this condition.
- Contact your doctor if find yourself experiencing uncontrollable sleepiness, even after taking modafinil.
- Modafinil doesn’t substitute for having enough sleep.
- Keep at room temperature, far from heat and moisture.
- Make a note of the quantity of medicine that you take from each bottle.
- Modafinil is a substance of abuse, and you should be aware of any person who is using the medicine in a way that is not approved or without having a prescription.
Modafinil dosing information
In the case of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), the medication is not a cure for the obstruction that is causing it.
If continuously positive airway pressure (CPAP) is the preferred treatment for sleepiness that is excessive an effort to treat the problem with CPAP for a sufficient amount of time must be considered in the beginning and while using this medication.
Treatment to increase awareness in patients
Those who suffer from excessive sleepiness due to Narcolepsy or OSA
200 mg taken orally every day, in the morning
In the case of OSA, also known as obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) This drug is not an effective treatment for the cause of obstruction.
If continuously positive airway pressure (CPAP) is the preferred treatment to treat excessive sleepiness the maximum effort to treat it with CPAP for a sufficient duration of time must be taken before and throughout treatment using this medication.
Usual Adult Dose for Shift Work Sleep Disorder:
200 mg taken orally every day, about 1 an hour before the beginning of the shift
Use: Treatment to increase awareness in patients who suffer from excessive sleepiness due to shift work disorders.
How do I deal with it if do not take a dose?
Consult your physician about what you should do if have missed a dose or two of modafinil. Be sure to avoid taking the medication in case you don’t plan to stay awake for a few hours. Do not take your missed dosage if it’s close to the time for bed. Do not take additional medicine to make up for the missed dose.
What happens when I consume too much?
Get medical attention in an emergency or contact for help at the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
What should I stay clear of while taking modafinil?
- Modafinil could impair your thought process or reaction. Be cautious when you drive or perform any activity that requires you to be aware.
- Do not engage in other risky activities until you are aware of how modafinil affects your level of arousal.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking modafinil.
What other drugs can alter the effects of modafinil?
Other medications may be incompatible with modafinil, such as medications that are prescribed and available over the counter as well as vitamins and herbal products. Inform all of your health professionals about the medicines you take at present and about any medication you stop or start taking.
Why is it illegal to buy Modafinil without Prescription?
It’s important to remember that buying prescription medications without a valid prescription is not allowed and may be dangerous. Modafinil is a prohibited drug in a number of countries the distribution and sale is subject to strict rules. They will evaluate your circumstance, provide relevant suggestions, and even write prescriptions when needed.
How to buy Modafinil Online without a Prescription Even when it’s Illegal?
The act of buying or selling Modafinil without a prescription is generally thought to be criminal. Since laws vary in each nation, it’s possible that you can purchase Modafinil on the internet without having a prescription. But, I suggest you verify the restrictions specific to your area to ensure you have the accuracy of your information. It is important to put your health first and safety by using medications only under the supervision and guidance of a trained healthcare professional.
30, 60, 100, 200